Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Summer Fun!

Our first hot day of the year, 28 degrees C (both good and bad), nice for swimming and gardening but for me it was the day I went to the dentist. My teeth were not as bad as I thought they were so went home happy and in the mood for sewing. The days outcome was a bag made from "American Primer" fabrics with rik rak as trim. The photo will appear next post. In the meantime, I have been working on blocks from a new block of the month that I signed up for called "Stars Around the Garden" from the US. To my surprise, the first installment arrived in December rather than May as it said on the website. I have made up the first two blocks.


Another major achievement for the summer was finishing my "Angels Story" quilt. The design is by Annie Downs of Hatched and Patched. I needle turned the blocks and then embroidered around them, the rest is machine pieced and hand quilted.
You can see more of Annie's designs and
things on her blog which is in the My Favorite Blog list on the left column.



Although Christmas is over, work is still being done on a Bronwyn Hayes designed quilt called "The Wish Quilt". It will be done for 2009 or maybe 2010, the fabrics used for this are "Peace on Earth".


Next post will feature the new bag and perhaps some non quilting things just to mix it up. My parents are still here visiting with us and it is my mothers birthday, we will celebrate that with cake and a night out to a restaurant.

2 comments:

  1. Your angel quilt is beautiful I bet you are gald its all finished.
    I also love your new blocks you made, the fabrics are gorgeous, can't wait for our next sewing day.
    Love Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks are wonderful and the Angels are so sweet. I have the pattern and also plan on doing needleturn applique. I am not a fan of fusibles. Did you use muslin or anything behind the blocks to hide stitchery threads?

    ReplyDelete