Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Summer Days

It has been a few days since my last blog entry and things are fine.  I have been very busy with various things.  I have started the new Mystery of the month quilt in the Australian Homespun Magazine and am nearly finished the first block and have pieces for the second block ready for stitching.

I made an out of town trip the other day and visited a quilt shop in a small town called Latrobe here in Tasmania. The shop 
is called Picture Patchwork. I had a look around and bought a few fat quarters which are pictured below.

During the hot days here, the opportunity to paint some furniture had arisen.  I have been revitalizing a small outdoor table and chairs by giving them a nice white finish. They were raw timber before.  When they are done there will be a photo.  This project has let to a complete veranda clean up so the table and chairs can be the main feature of this veranda.  Four new hanging pots with fuschias have been hung and look very pretty.  A new place to stitch and have friends over will be good.

Until next time
Happy Stitching

Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment