Friday, January 16, 2009

Blessed Bags!

After a couple of days of high temperatures here on this splendid island of ours, a cool change is upon us.  This has been excellent for all kinds of quilted projects.  During their visit with us, my parents have been relaxing in the garden, playing with the dogs and generally chilling out.  My mother celebrated her 70th birthday on the 14th of Jan and we all went out to a Chinese restaurant which was very nice.  There we all are in the photo below.


We made a bag together in the afternoon and now this bag has become a very frequent visitor to all manor of retail establishments and eateries.  As for my American Primer Bag, it has become a camera and quilt project bag, both of which I cart all over the place just incase there is time for a bit of hand piecing or a photo opportunity.  The little dog in the photo is our newest family member, her name is "Pip" and she is 4 months old.

The other day I recieved the next installement of my American block of the month called "Stars Around the Garden",  I will be making it up shortly.  I also received a pack of reproduction fabric swatches from the US.  These will come in handy for the quilts I am designing for this year.

Here is the bag we made in the afternoon being displayed for the photo.

That is the installment for today, until next time, Happy Stitching

Marina

1 comment:

  1. Both bags are lovely, did your mum make hers? What a nice way to spend the afternoon.

    Love Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete