Thursday, June 11, 2009

Winter is on my mind, but Spring is in my heart!


Yes it is freezing here in southern Australia at the moment. Apart from work there is not much to do but quilt, knit, stitich and embroider in anticipation of Spring in September. That is what I have been doing lately and have a couple of things to show in this post.


The garden is looking very bleak as things have lost their leaves and have gone into dormancy. Although, daffoldil and hyacinth bulbs are starting to emerge. I cant wait until Spring.

I have also been naughty and have started a new project to occupy myself on Thursday mornings and Sundays. This project is Bronwyn Hayes design "Songbird". I have used duller colours in the thread and fabric. It is starting to look nice.

I have been plodding along with husbands jumper which will probably be finished next winter after having to pull half of it apart.

Feeling a bit sentimental, I have pulled out an older project and have been working on that. It is called "Grandma's Country Album". There are only 5 blocks to make and then it can be sewn together and quilted which I will do by hand. All of the blocks are hand pieced and appliqued.


Some more crocheted squares have sprouted and are on the way to becoming a crocheted quilt. Still some more to do. This is Saturdays project as long as my hands can hold out. I crochet until extreme pain sets in then continue after it has settled.


DJ blocks are also growing, but at a much slower rate. Very slow in fact. I am not making them in order of the books placing chart, but rather is groups of colour as they appear in the original quilt. Where there is pink I am making those blocks blue etc. These are some blue ones.


Winter is also a time for cooking. Tomorrows dinner plan is potato and chicken pie in a cream sauce. Very comforting (Weight Watchers recipe). I have lost just about 6.5 Kilos in 6 weeks. Another 15 Kilos to go until the new me.

Happy Stitching until next time.
Marina

1 comment:

  1. WOW you have been busy. We will have to get together one day for a craft and chat day.

    Jules

    ReplyDelete